Friday 1 October 2010

Five Wounds prayers

We are building up a resource of prayers referencing the Five Holy Wounds, and invite people to help us.

Two prayers recently drawn to our attention:

1)
O God have mercy upon England. Turn, Oh Jesus, Thy Meet Eyes upon that people. Let pity drop from Thy Glorious Wounds and Mercy from Thy heart. In what she is blind, in what she sins forgive her, for she knows not what she does. Jesus, concert England. Jesus, have mercy on this country.

(Formerly indulgenced: Pius IX May 1850. 300 days for every devout prayer said for the conversion of England.)

2)
I beseech Thee, most sweet Jesus Christ, grant Thy Passion may be a power by which I may be strengthened, protected and defended. May Thy Wounds be to me food and drink by which I may be nourished, inebriated and overjoyed. May the sprinkling of Thy Blood be to me an ablution for all my sins. May Thy Death prove to me life everlasting and Thy cross be to me an eternal glory. In these be my refreshment, my joy, my preservation and sweetness of heart. Who list and reignest world without end. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment